When we talk about physiotherapy, we immediately refer to it as a holistic medical approach towards treating different kinds of illnesses and pain all over the body. It’s a treatment that involves zero synthetic medicine. That means everything about it is natural and safe. However, despite its popularity, there may be things that you haven’t known about Inertia Health Group physio North Adelaide.
Apart from being used as a method for treating and preventing injuries., physiotherapy is also used for the following:
Joints, muscles, and bones, such as shoulder, neck and back pain, or sports injuries.
The brain and the entire nervous system, such as problems related to Multiple Sclerosis or issues following a stroke.
The heart and circulation, such as rehabilitation following a severe heart attack.
The lungs and the entire respiratory system, such as problems that as a result of cystic fibrosis.
In addition to these factors, there are other facts about physiotherapy that you may not be aware of. Here are five of them:
- Professional Inertia Health Group physio North Adelaide therapy was established right at the end of the first World War in Canada. It’s a method for treating thousands of injured soldiers and helping them recovery mentally and physically. A lot of people required help in restoring their mobility and proper functioning during that time. Physiotherapy was found to be the most popular treatment.
- Physiotherapists treat people suffering from vertigo – a condition caused by an infection in the vestibular system. This type of illness can make patients feel extremely dizzy and unbalanced. Unbeknown to most, physiotherapy is a common and effective treatment method for vertigo.
- There’s a vast array of physiotherapy. These types include cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation, neurological rehabilitation, orthopaedic care, wound care, and pre- and post-operative care, to name a few.
- Physiotherapy requires patients to perform some homework. A home programme for people participating in regular physiotherapy sessions is vital for improving symptoms and working on specific exercise movements in between appointments. Physiotherapists can assign homework for their patients to help speed up recovery and reach their desired results in a much faster pace.
- Physiotherapy can be an effective treatment that’s assigned as a referral by your physician. You can also book an appointment directly to a physiotherapist to discuss matters and problems that you’ve been experiencing with your body. As of the moment, there are around 28,000 registered physiotherapists in Australia.
Make sure you get your body fixed with the help of Inertia Health Group physio North Adelaide today! Talk to a certified physiotherapist now. Call our hotline for more information.